Do you need a new golf watch and trying to figure out if the Garmin S60 is the right one for you?
There are so many great choices of golf watches, golf GPS, rangefinders, and more it’s a bit overwhelming.
But if you’re committed to finding a golf watch GPS, I think the Garmin S60 is one of the best choices out there. Not only does it have tons of golf functions but it’s also very stylish and can be worn casually as well.
While some might balk at the price, I can say they don’t leave anything out and make it a very worthwhile investment. In this post, we’ll share everything you need to know about the Garmin S60 watch and make sure it’s right for you.
Garmin Approach S60 Review
Before diving into the full review, I’d like to point out that Garmin is a big player in the golf industry. They aren’t some company that just popped up on the scene yesterday. They are a very established brand that creates very high-quality products. Not only do they offer a huge selection of golf watches but also rangefinders as well.
In terms of the Garmin S60, this is one of their most popular golf GPS devices. It is a sleek GPS golf watch that reflects your passion on and off the course.
Here is a quick overview:
- Includes full-color course maps
- Large, 1.2″ sunlight-readable color touchscreen display.
- Convenient QuickFit® bands for fast style changes without tools
- Fast GPS to show exact yardages to greens, hazards and doglegs
- Comes pre-loaded with more than 41,000 courses from around the world
- Has a battery life of up to 10 hours in golf mode and up to 10 days in watch mode
Features & Benefits of the Garmin S60
One of the biggest perks of the S-60 is the 1.2’ full color watch face display (240 by 240 pixels). This is a big step from some of their models and also comes with 1GB of memory.
The Garmin Approach S60 comes preloaded with maps for more than 41,000 golf courses worldwide. Plus, it offers automatic downloads for the courses that you play the most when it’s synced with Garmin Connect.
The best piece of technology from the S60 is the PlaysLike Distance. Not only will you get exact measurements but it can adjust yardages to account for uphill and downhill shots. No more trying to decide on how much the slope factors in on tough shots.
Plus, with Touch Targeting, you can touch any point on the map for precise measurement to that exact spot. This includes fairway, hazards, sand traps, water hazards and just about anything else that might get in your way. This should help with your tee box strategy and hopefully make it easier to learn how to play the hole.
If you’re in GPS mode (which you need while you’re playing golf), the battery will last 10 hours. But once you just want the watch features, it will last another 10 days of continuous use!
Don’t you hate it when you just get stock yardages to the front, middle, and back of the green? With the S60, you can manually adjust the flag stick to any location on the green for instant GPS updates. This will help make sure you always leave the ball in the right spot to give yourself the best chance to make the putt.
Not only will this act as your personal caddy on the course but it will help you improve your game as well. The S60 pairs with Garmin TruSwing and acts as a golf swing analyzer to help improve your swing by understanding club speed and path angles. This will make it easier to identify what’s going with your game and figure out the best ways to improve.
While the S60 has tons of golf features, it doesn’t need to live in your bag when you’re not out on the golf course. If you want to mix your style up, you can replace the band with various colors and materials like metal, silicone, and leather. Making it a great watch for any occasion!
Want to learn even more about the Garmin S60 watch? Make sure to check this Youtube video as well:
- Garmin Approach S40 Golf Smartwatch: If you don’t need all the tech of the S60 and want to save some cash, look no further than the S40. It is also a very stylish and lightweight golf watch to help you navigate the links. While it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles it does have an extra five hours of battery life.
- Garmin X10: If you prefer a smaller, golf band instead of a golf watch, the X10 is an excellent choice. It’s a highly rated golf watch on Amazon and is made for the avid golfer. While you don’t get the full-color display as it’s much smaller, it provides distances to the front, middle, and back of the green plus hazards. If you’re looking for the smallest, most golf effective watch, check this one out today.
- Callaway Golf GPS Watch: The golf watch market is pretty much dominated by Garmin but thought I would include one that isn’t. The Callaway golf GPS watch is a lower-priced model that is all about golf. It comes with 30,000 golf courses, provides accurate distances, tracks your score and more. It also has a 10-12 hour battery life in GPS mode and comes in two sleek models.
Yes, Garmin has a smartphone app that will give you even more data about the course and your swing. You can connect with other golfers, live chat with players, post scores, and more. Plus, you can keep score with it and track your rounds using the Garmin Connect app as well.
Sadly it does not. It does have features to help you track runs and cycles but if you need a heart rate monitor, grab the X40 model instead.
Yes, the Garmin S-60 is waterproof up to 50 meters. So if you’re doing some swimming to help your stamina on the links, it is fine in the water plus it can track your results as well.
A golf GPS isn’t something you would wear like a golf watch. While there are a lot of similar features, it’s something you would carry in your pocket instead. Check out the best golf GPS devices here.
If you’re looking for a high-quality, dependable golf watch, look no further than the Garmin S60. It has pretty much everything you need in a golf watch and can be used off for tons of activities.
The Garmin S-60 is made for golf but also can help with all sorts of other physical activities. So if you’re someone who is active and trying to stay in great shape, this is the watch for you. But if you’re just looking for a golf watch without so many extras, I’d recommend the Garmin Approach S40 or Approach S20 instead. They’re both cheaper but still has tons of great golf features.
Hopefully, you found that review helpful in making your purchasing decision. Remember, you really can’t go wrong with any golf GPS device, rangefinder or watch made by Garmin.