If you’re looking to upgrade your cart bag for this year, look no further than the Sun Mountain C 130.
While there are a ton of choices in the market, Sun Mountain is known for making high-quality golf products, especially stand and cart bags. Not to mention, in 2018 the Sun Mountain C130 was named “Golf Digest editors choice” for the best cart bag in the game.
Not only is there a huge selection of colors the golf bag is super handy with tons of useful pockets. And did I mention it can charge your phone and bluetooth device during the round?
Here’s everything you should know about the Sun Mountain C130 golf cart bag.
In my opinion, Sun Mountain is one of the best golf bag makers in the industry. They’ve been around a long time and have a strong track record for success. When it comes to choosing the best golf cart bag, you want to make sure and evaluate the following:
- Price: Obviously price is important and some companies charge 1.5-2X more than this golf bag.
- Weight: Even though you aren’t going to carry the bag, you might use with a push cart and want it easy to transport. Plus, if you’re traveling with clubs you don’t want it making you flirt with the weight requirement.
- Divider System: One of the biggest perks of cart bags is the divider system to separate clubs and protect them. Stand bags don’t offer this.
- Storage and Pockets: If you’re using a cart bag, this is one of the most important factors. Whether you’re storing rain gear or bringing a few can drinks on the course, storage is another big factor when choosing a new cart bag.
Here are some of the great benefits of the Sun Mountain Bag:
You heard it right, this bag comes with a built-in power bank that will allow you to charge your devices with a USB dual-port hookup. It comes with a Philips Power bank 7800 with a battery capable of streaming music or charging a phone three times over.
The power pack has two USB port so you can use for music and for charging your phone at the same time. One is standard charging port while the other is rapid charging system to speed it up. This is great if you’re using GPS on your phone or the golf cart doesn’t have one as well.
One of the biggest perks of the Sun Mountain C130 is the different color schemes for your bag. There are six options total including:
- All black design
- Cobalt blue-black
- Chili red-gunmetal
- Camo design with an American flag on the main storage pocket
- Red, white, and blue themed (with an American flag emblem embroidered)
All of the color designs are very attractive to the eye and very easy to clean. Plus, none of the designs have much white so it’s minimal upkeep for you.
Another big factor when choosing a cart bag is the number of pockets and storage. This bag comes with eleven pockets and two are full-length apparel pockets. It also comes with a ventilated cooler pocket to keep your drinks cold and a designated rangefinder pocket. Plus, it has two velour-lined pockets for your phone, watch, and other valuables.
And as Sun Mountain said on their website, “All pockets are forward-facing to maximize accessibility when the bag is on a cart.” This will make it easy to get all of your gadgets, gear or beverages out of your cart easily.
Not to mention it’s …
- Very reasonably priced
- Matching rain hood for each design
- 14 individual, full-length dividers to stop your clubs from clanking around the entire round
- Oversized putting well to ensure that even the largest putting grips (like the Fatso 5.0) can fit in the compartment.
- Smart Strap System attaches the bag to a riding cart with two different straps to make sure it doesn’t shift or accidentally fall off the cart. Plus, the straps don’t interfere with any of the 11 well placed pockets.
As I mentioned, there is no shortage of cart bags on the market. Here are some of the top competitors:
- Ping Men’s Pioneer Golf Cart Bag: The golf cart bag from Ping is another mid-priced golf bag that has a strong reputation behind it. It’s very light (7 pounds) and a non-slip bottom which is great if you’re opting to use a push cart.
- Bag Boy Golf Chiller Cart Bag: If you’re focused on the drinking side of golf, this is your cart bag. It comes with a detachable cooler with room for a six-pack and also has a ton of other storage Plus it has full-length dividers and five different color schemes.
- Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag: As I said, Sun Mountain makes quality products. And the sync cart bag is even more lightweight (only 6 pounds) and has full-length dividers as well. It doesn’t have quite as much storage with only 9 pockets but comes with almost all of the other perks of this bag.
The cart bag comes 100% ready to go right out of the box. It comes with a matching rain hood and strap.
Yes, the C130 does come with a cooler and two drain vents.
No, it does not. If you want those features, opt for a stand bag or a model with a seat accessory.
This model weighs 6.9 pounds.
The Sun Mountain C130 is an all around great product that has everything you’re looking for in a golf cart bag. It’s light enough to make it easy to transport to the car and small enough to fit in travel bags easily. Plus, it comes with a ton of storage, clean design, and great club protection with the divider system.
My favorite part is the 360* turning radius, easy fold up ability and sleek design. Plus, with its huge storage compartment, it makes it one an awesome choice to get started walking.
Click here to learn more about this product and pick up your new golf cart bag today.