Are you ready to finally spend some money on golf shoes but aren’t sure which to choose?
After writing our review of the best golf shoes, we found a few standouts depending on price, style, and design. The Under Armour Men’s Spieth 2 golf shoes were one of our favorite picks.
Created and worn by three-time major Champion Jordan Spieth, these are some of the best shoes available.
Here’s everything you need to know about them.
In my opinion, Under Armour makes some of the best golf gear on the market. Prior to using anything Under Armour, I was a loyal Nike fan (blame Tiger for getting me hooked). But in the last five years, I’ve become much less brand loyal to Nike as Under Armour is making a ton of quality products.
When they got started in the early 2000s, they had a chip on their shoulder as big competitors like Nike brushed them off. Now, they are producing some of the best athletic gear including golf polos, slacks, shorts, shoes, and much more.
Here’s what we looked for when picking the Under Armour Men’s Spieth 2 shoes as one of the best available:
- Price: Obviously price is important as golf isn’t a cheap sport. But at the same time, you want to make sure you spend a little extra to get shoes that will last longer than having to replace a cheap pair.
- Style: Back in the day, everyone was walking around the golf course with metal spikes and wingtip leather shoes. But today, all that has changed with brands like Skechers, Ecco and other off golf brands entering the market. The style you choose is now between an athletic, leisure type or opting for the old-school, traditional style golf shoes.
- Spike vs. Spikeless: While metal spikes are a thing of the past, some golfers still need the additional traction of soft spikes. While others choose built-in spikes that are more popular in a lot of leisure type shoes. Plus, they can be worn off the course as well.
- Comfortability: This is arguably the biggest factor when choosing the perfect golf shoe. You can’t play great if your feet are in pain. The average round of golf is unfortunately around five hours and if your shoes aren’t comfortable and breathable, good luck playing well. Make sure you choose comfort over anything else!
- Laces or No Laces: The last major feature to evaluate golf shoes is having laces vs. a laceless system. Some Footjoy and Echo shoes have a twist switch on the back of the shoe that eliminate the traditional laces completely.
Here are some of the great benefits of the Under Armour Men’s Spieth 2 golf shoe:
The UA Spieth 2 made a big update from the Spieth One in a lot of different ways. The biggest is the GORE-TEX construction to ensure this model is 100% waterproof. Using a softer leather, it keeps the shoes lightweight but the TPU fibers keep the water out of the shoe.
So if you’re playing a lot of winter golf or playing in the rain, this is a great shoe. Plus, they have an all black model which is great when it’s wet and muddy on the links.
If you compare the UA 2 with the previous model, the biggest difference is the back half of the shoe. The UA actually feels like a knit on the outside of the shoe instead of micro leather like the previous model.
Another big change from the previous version is the reduced weight of the shoe. One of the complaints about the Spieth One was the overall weight. But this model reduces that by reducing weight in the sole.
And the TPU outsole with lightweight EVA midsole for responsive cushioning with every step. I have several friends with this shoe and rave about the comfortability!
Speaking of colors, the Under Armour Spieth 2 is in six different colors to match all of your golfing styles. Plus, none of the colors are too outrageous so most of them can be matched with almost anything you’re wearing.
The six colors include:
- All black design
- All white design
- White/Metallic Silver
- White/Midnight Navy
All of the color designs are very good looking and the material makes them easy to clean. Also, the middle to back half of the shoe is a different material and the toe can be easily wiped of mud or anything else.
Like the previous version, the UA Spieth 2 comes with soft spikes using their RST technology. As I’m sure you’ve noticed when Jordan swings, he has plenty of lower body and foot movement. If you’ve got happy feet, these are great shoes to help keep you stable throughout your swing.
As I mentioned, there is no shortage of golf shoes on the market today.
Here are some of the top competitors:
- Adidas Men’s Tech Response 4.0 Golf Shoe: This golf shoe is about half the price of the UA Spieth 2 but also isn’t nearly as advanced. If you’re saving money for more rounds of golf, this might be a good option.
- Puma Men’s Grip Fusion Golf Shoe: If you’re wanting to feel a bit younger and more stylish, this is a great option that Rickie Fowler routinely wears. They’re a spikeless golf shoe so make sure you live somewhere dry or opt for summer golf only.
- Callaway Balboa TRX Golf Shoe: These leather golf shoes are also 100% waterproof, very durable, and much more affordable. If you’re playing in winter golf and want to save money, these are a great option as well.
For more details, check out my review of the best golf shoes on the market.
When looking at the Spieth 2 or any past model that have the Rotational Resistance Spikes, they all have the same location on the sole. If you’re a lefty, I assume you would need to swap sides/position of the spikes that way you take advantage of them.
The biggest difference is the overall shape and 100% water resistant. If you compare the two, you will notice the Spieth 2 looks a lot better close up than the Spieth One golf shoe. It has a much cleaner looking forefoot and depending on the model, a contrasting color around the heel of the shoe.
The Spieth One looked like a collection of random shapes, it did look much better when on your feet and from a distance. Alternatively, in my opinion, the Spieth 2 looks better close up and maybe a little plainer from further away.
But still not as bad as Steph Curry’s white on white generic Under Armour basketball shoes!
This model weighs 14.4 oz, making them significantly lighter than the Spieth One model.
The Under Armour Men’s Spieth 2 golf shoe has a ton of perks other than being extremely stylish. They’re great for golfers with a lot of lower body movement, are very comfortable, and stay dry even when you’re playing in the winter.
Click here to learn more about this product and pick up your new pair of golf shoes today!