Do you need to work on your putting and looking for the best indoor putting green?
Let’s face it, life gets busy. But if you’re an avid golfer, you are always trying to figure out ways to get better. Even if you don’t have the time to make it to the course, an indoor putting green is a great solution.
Putting is one of the most important parts of your game. With more confidence on the greens, you will see your confidence levels rise like Tiger’s in 2000 (or his Masters win in 2019). Well maybe not that confident, but you get my drift.
While putting is incredibly important, only a small percentage of amateurs actively work on this part of the game. Instead, most players opt for the driving range and skip putting entirely.
But if you can work on your putting, even if it’s 10-20 minutes per day, you can see drastic improvements. To sneak in that practice time, we recommend picking up a putting mat or indoor putting green to work on your game.
Our Picks for Best Indoor Putting Green
- Putt Out Pro Golf Putting Mat with the Putt Out Pressure Trainer – Best All Around Indoor Putting Green
- Upstreet Putting Mat Green – Best Budget Indoor Putting Green
- Boburacn Golf Putting Mat – Best Premium Indoor Putting Green
Here’s a review of the best putting practice mats to help you improve your game even if you can’t make it to the course.
When it comes to practice mats and indoor putting greens, there are tons of options out there. We reviewed some of the most popular ones out there and based our comparison on brand, reviews, design, quality, and price.
There is a huge difference among these putting greens so we included some cheap and convenient ones as well as the more expensive ones. Find out which one works best for you so you can work on the flat stick at your home or office.
The Upstreet putting mat green is cheap, easy to use, and convenient. All you need is carpet to get started.
- Low price
- Can easily take this to your office or when you travel.
- Need to use with carpet or a putting mat.
The World of Golf Putting Mat is an upgraded version of the previous model and comes with a putting mat. Not to mention, the ball gets returned to you as well.
- Low-priced and great design.
- Returns your ball automatically.
- Low price means low material. Some reviewers notated that it doesn’t last long
The Putt Out Pressure Trainer is designed to simulate the exact conditions of putting into a real hole on the green. Finally, a way to simulate putting in competition with its ground-breaking parabolic curved design.
- Comes in five colors.
- Small design, fits in your bag or easy to transport.
- Designed to return good putts and reject bad ones.
- Each successful putt is returned the same distance it would have gone past the hole if it had missed – great feedback for getting the pace just right.
- Build repetition into your practice to improve your pace putting and to practice pressure putting.
- Doesn’t include a putting mat, needs to be paired with a mat or used on a “puttable” surface
The Putt-A-Bout putting green is a standard indoor putting green that gets the job done. If you’re looking for a standard indoor putting green to practice the short-range putts, this is it. It’s 3ft x 9ft and offers three different targets.
- Very low price
- A high-quality surface that will stay smooth for years.
- Bunkers behind the holes catch any balls that are hit too hard.
- Zero emphasis on improving your putting.
The SKLZ Accelerator Pro is another popular putting mat that also features the automatic return when you hole out putts. Backed by a strong name in the golf business, SKLZ created a solid product to help with your short game.
- Mid-ranged Price
- Ball return function (assuming you make it).
- Higher reviews and made with quality material.
- Alignment guides at 3,5, and 7 feet to help you practice the ones that matter most.
- Only offers one target and isn’t reversible.
- Steep incline that sometimes makes you feel like you’re at mini-golf course more than an actual putting green.
The Abco Tech Synthetic Turf putting mat is more about looks than an actual putting training aid.
- Rolls up for easy storage.
- Made with synthetic turf that simulates real grass.
- Has two holes. One standard and one smaller hole to make you hit it just right to hole it.
- Smaller hole has a built in an alignment aid to help you see if your ball starts off on line.
- Brand new model and doesn’t have many reviews yet on Amazon.
The Putt Out pro golf putting mat is one of the few game improvements putting mats on the market. This is a sleek design that uses a black and blue theme that makes it easy to clean and store.
- Very clean packaging and design.
- Available in three colors (black, gray, green).
- Comes with a low-profile drawstring carry bag.
- Rolls a 10 on green speed and will help speed with mid-range putts.
- Doesn’t include an actual cup.
- Only one green speed setting and no way to add break.
If you want the alignment of this indoor putting green, we highly suggest pairing it with #3 on the list.
If you have some extra space in your house or office, the 77 Tech Large artificial Putting Mat is an awesome choice. It’s made up of a super high-quality surface that will last for a very long time.
- Easy to clean.
- Can be used outdoor as well.
- Stainless steel putting green hole cups (3).
- Looks very appealing with short and high grass levels.
- Comes with two sets of holes and cups for extra aim points.
- High-quality material that looks great in the office or at home.
- Very wide. At 3.3ft x 10ft, it will take up a ton of room wherever you use it.
The Boburacn Golf Putting Green/mat is a higher end indoor putting green that looks like you’re warming up on the course.
- Easy to roll up and carry out.
- Stimpmetere of 10 to simulate normal putting greens.
- Comes with flag sticks, two cups, and a two-year warranty.
- Made with a soft high-elastic foam base (similar to memory foam).
- It’s pricey, but looks very professional.
As you can tell, there is no shortage of indoor putting greens and mats to help you work on your game. If you’re lucky enough to sneak one into your office, do it. I’m sure your coworkers will thank you for it as well!
With most of these models, you will not be able to work on green reading. But using these mats are a great way to improve your putting stroke, figure out yourputter aim, or learn to control your putting speed.
If it’s just for your home or garage, make sure to get one that is easy collapsible and put in storage when not in use. If you have a golf bag organizer in your garage, most of these greens could be stored in there as well.
Find one that suits your budget and golfing needs, then snag one of these putting greens so you can get more confidence on the greens.
But don’t forget, when you buy one you need to use it to actually improve. Once you find the perfect one, make sure to check out the best putting drills as well.