Practicing your short game is crucial to shooting lower scores. But most golfers don’t enjoy it as much as full swing practice and would rather hit the driving range instead.
However, there is a new golf gadget that not only makes it fun but something you can practice at home.
The Battle Royal Golf game is here to change short game practice once and for all. In this review we’ll see what’s included, how to play, and other commonly asked questions.
Battle Royale Golf Review
So, what is Battle Royale anyway?
It’s a multiplayer game where you chip golf balls onto a large, sticky mat. It’s a “chipping elimination game” that will put your short game under pressure even if you can’t make it to the golf course.
Battle Royale is easy to use and a great way to entertain guests (or play solo) as well.
- Chipping is one of the most important parts of golf and this device can help.
- Battle Royale Golf is one of the most fun ways to enjoy golf at home or on vacation.
- Golfers and non-golfers alike will enjoy this game as it’s fun, easy to use, and has different difficulty levels.
Keep reading to see why we love this fun training aid/golf game and how it can help your scores on the course too.
Here’s what’s included in the Battle Royale set:
- Giant sticky target mat. This is a 4 x 6 foot playing surface that has different scoring areas depending on where the ball lands. From -3 to +10, making it a relatable game to corn hole.
- Chipping turf. Whether you’re playing this game in the backyard, the beach, or a parking lot (or literally anywhere), you don’t need grass. The small chipping turf makes it easy to play anywhere and not destroy your lawn in the process.
- 16 sticky golf balls. These aren’t like normal golf balls and instead modified balls that are designed to stick to the mat. They come with four sets of four different colored golf balls so multiple people can enjoy the game.
- Carry bag and ball bag. This game is easy to transport to any location with their two carry bags.
Giant Sticky Target Mat
The beauty of this backyard game is the giant sticky mat which has different areas which correlate to different points.
- Fairway = +1 to +4 depending on which section of the fairway the ball sticks too.
- Rough = -1 point if you miss the fairway.
- Water hazard = -3 points if you find the hazard.
- Bunker = -2 points if you find the beach.
High-Quality Golf Balls
Another perk with this backyard game is that the golf balls are premium, not a generic wiffle ball like competitors. As they said on their website, “It’s no fun hitting foam or wiffle balls so we made sure that our sticky battle balls are still 30% the weight of a golf ball and fly like a real chip shot. Each ball is custom-made to feel substantial off your club face, but still light enough to not smash a window.”
After using them several times already I can say they’re better than most practice golf balls. It’s very realistic and a good way to work on your short game without leaving home.
5 Game Modes
Sort of like TopGolf, there is no one way to enjoy this family friendly game. Inside your package comes with instructions to enjoy five different game modes.
As Battle Royale said on their website, “With 5 extremely high-action ways to play, from the moment you lay Battle Royale Golf down, it becomes the centerpiece of your event and golfers won’t be able to leave it alone. Non-golfers find it impossible to ignore, and it gives them a fun introduction to our beloved game of golf.”
This is a great alternative to normal backyard games and fun for golfers and non-golfers alike.
Lastly, this training aid is great because it’s easy to transport to different locations with ease. Simply fold up the mat and take it to your friend’s house, backyard BBQ, or even the beach in the carry bag with handles. There is also a ball bag so you can keep your golf balls in a separate bag too.
Optional: 16 Extra Balls
If you plan on having more golfers make sure to add on the 16 extra balls to allow for four more golfers to have fun.
FAQs About Battle Royale Golf
Do you have more questions about this fun backyard chipping game? If so, keep reading our most frequently asked questions and answers below.
How many players can use this golf game at once?
Up to four players as there are 16 balls included (with a total of four colors). If you want to play with even more people make sure to add the extra 16-balls when you buy.
Are returns allowed?
Yes, Battle Royale has a 30-day refund policy. As long as your device isn’t damaged you can return it within 30-days along with proof of your shipment.
After playing just about every type of backyard sporting game, this is no doubt one of the most fun. It really reminds me of TopGolf because golfers and non-golfers can enjoy the game. If you are playing with friends who are avid golfers, you can make it more difficult by moving the chipping mat further away.
While the five different game modes allow you to mix it up and enjoy the game. Not to mention it’s easy to take with you thanks to the ball and carry bags.
This is a fun device that every golf enthusiast needs this summer.
Since you can take it anywhere, you’ll never have to worry about not playing golf (even on vacation). You can use it at the beach, backyard, living room, or even at the pool too.
The best part is that the golf balls are much higher quality than typical wiffle balls in these sorts of games. This makes it not only fun but a good way to work on your short game too.
Also, don’t forget to check out other tools to help improve your game off the course:
- Best Home Simulators
- Best Indoor Putting Greens
- Best Nets for Golf Practice at Home
- Birdie Ball Review – How to Practice Golf Anywhere