Are you ready to upgrade your old, clunky golf bag and select one of the best golf cart bags on the market for 2021?
When it comes to choosing the right golf bag, you have two main choices; a stand bag or a cart bag. And while the golf market tries to make a hybrid version of the two that you can use to walk or ride in a cart, I recommend going with one or the other.
Within the category of golf stand bags, there are two subcategories as well; normal stand bags or Sunday bags.
Golf stand bags are meant for walking your next round and getting a little exercise. While Sunday Golf Bags are designed for walking and carrying less than 14 clubs (usually for a Par 3 course or an executive course). Sunday bags are incredibly small and not great for winter golf as there is little storage.
While cart bags are larger with more pockets, they usually have separate storage for each club, and typically meant for riding or using with push carts. Since there is more room for gear and additional accessories, these tend to weigh the most. Finally, hybrid bags try to take the best of both worlds but in my opinion, often miss the mark.
If you’ve decided that you’re ready for a new golf cart bag, I’ve found the best reviews to help make your selection an easy choice. In this post, I’ll cover exactly what you should look for in your next golf cart bag and the best ones for 2021.
Best Golf Cart Bags for Men in 2021
Want the quick scoop of the best cart bags? Here are our top picks:
- Sun Mountain C130: Best All Around Cart Bag:
- EG Eagole: Best Budget Golf Cart Bag
- Callaway Golf Org Bag: Best Cart Bag for Club Protection
And if you prefer the full rundown on everything we reviewed, here is our in-depth look at the best golf cart bags on the market for the new year.
1. Sun Mountain C-130 Golf Cart Bag
They are known for making high-quality golf products, especially stand and cart bags. With the Sun Mountain C130, not only is there a huge selection of colors, the golf bag is super handy with tons of useful pockets. There are ten pockets total so you’ll have no problem finding room for beverages, rain gear, and other golf accessories.
Here is why we like this golf cart bag:
- Top of the bag diameter: 10.5”
- Matching rain hood included.
- Velour lined rangefinder pocket.
- All utility handles are integrated on the top of the bag.
- Smart strap system keeps the bag attached to the cart while moving.
- Stand alone putter well to keep your flat stick easily accessible throughout the round.
- 14 way full length dividers. That means plenty of protection for your graphite or high-cost, custom shafts.
- 11 colors (with different accent patterns) to choose from. Some of the designs are super custom like camo, USA red/white/blue and others.
- Integrated putter well doesn’t work if you have an oversized putter head.
- Not too much of an upgrade from the previous version, mainly with colors.
This mid-priced bag is attractive to buyers for multiple reasons, the biggest being the incredible reviews from pretty everyone who has it. Golfers everywhere rave about the durability and functionality of this golf bag.
Plus, don’t forget about all the color choices. In total, there are eleven colors to choose from, which is more than enough to cater to multiple personal tastes.
Overall, this is a great design that is geared towards golfers of all abilities. For more information, head over to our review of the Sun Mountain C130 Golf Bag.
2. Founders Club Premium Golf Bag
Another top pick for 2021 is the newly updated Founders Club Premium cart bag. This is a great choice that is cheaper than the previous bag and has a vastly different organizer section too.
This cart bag features a 14 way top of the bag organizer that will help protect your irons and wedges, plus eliminate that rattling noise from golf equipment that no one enjoys. Also, since each club has its own unique spot in the bag, you’ll know if you left one on the range or a specific hole during the round.
Here is why we love this cart bag:
- Affordable pricing for a premium cart bag.
- Six color options including an all white one which is great for summer and warmer weather conditions.
- Ability to add on tons of extra accessories like a tee holder, umbrella, golf towels, range finders, and a glove holder.
- Nine zippered pockets and two mesh pockets for tons of storage. It even includes a velour-lined valuables pocket as well. Not to mention an insulated fridge pocket with drains to keep your favorite beverages cold.
- High-quality lightweight construction. It has several handles to make getting the bag out of your car and into your golf cart easy!
- This bag will fit oversize grips but not jumbo (aka Fatso) putting grips.
- Weighs in at around 12 pounds (closer to a Tour Staff bag than a normal cart bag). Not ideal if you plan on using with a push cart.
Coming in at a very affordable price, this bag is a great value bag that provides plenty of protection for your clubs. Plus, who doesn’t want a built-in cooler pocket to stay hydrated during the round?
Remember, Founders Club has been around since 1990 so you can be sure that you’re in good hands with this trusted bag. Overall, it’s a great bang for your buck with a nifty 14 way divider setup.
3. Callaway Org Bag
The Callaway Golf 2020 Org 14 cart bag offers tremendous club protection. If you have more expensive clubs (like PXG) or custom, aftermarket shafts that you want to protect, this is the bag for you. In anything with golf, you get what you pay for and wouldn’t say this is the most budget friendly bag on this list but it delivers.
While this cart bag is designed for an electric golf cart, you can easily push as it only weighs six pounds. It’s hard to believe we live in a world where larger bags like this can only weigh so little!
Here are even more reasons why this bag made our list in 2021:
- Carabiner towel hook and glove attachment included.
- Lightweight. This bag only weighs six pounds and is still incredibly protective.
- 14 way full length dividers for maximum club and shaft protection.
- Eight color selections including a black/camo/blue, a red/white/blue, and a pink/black/white design for lady golfers.
- 11 total pockets including a dual insulated beverage pockets, magnetic valuables pockets
- Rain cover included (depending on the color of the bag it may or may not match exactly).
- Not cheap. This is one of the most expensive bags on this list. But if you are playing high-end clubs, this is a great way to protect your investment.
The combination of the sleek design, color selection, storage (including beverage insulation) makes this cart bag a great choice. Plus, the Callaway 2020 Org 14 Bag only weighs six pounds so it works with a push cart and comes in moderately priced number.
4. EG EAGOLE Super Light Golf 14 Way Cart Bag
If you’re looking for a bag and on a shoestring budget, you will love this from EG Eagole. This super lightweight bag is a newcomer to our list of best golf cart bags and worth every penny.
Not only is this golf cart bag wildly affordable, it is incredibly functional with its divider system and extra pockets. Amazon even ranked it “Most storage” when it comes to cart bags. So if you’re the type of golfer who comes to the course fully loaded with snacks, gear, and accessories, this one’s for you.
Here are even more reasons why this bag made our list in 2021:
- Extremely lightweight material (nylon) and weighs in at only seven pounds.
- 9 pockets including 2 full length apparel, two velour lined valuables pockets, and a cooler pocket.
- Three easy to grab handles and “E Trolley” base system that works great with push carts.
- The massive cooler pocket (at 9”W by 12”H x 5”D allows eight 12 ounce cans and four thin ice packs.
- Rain cover included (depending on the color of the bag it may or may not match exactly).
- Only three color selections; all are black/white/red themed (sorry if you like blue/gray).
- Putter doesn’t have its own full-length divider. Some golfers have said the club can get stuck at times.
If you’re looking for an absolute deal of a golf bag and one with tons of pockets for storage, this is probably the one for you! While it doesn’t have the brand name reputation of others on this list, it’s an absolute steal of a deal.
Plus, if you’re a pack rat on the golf course, these nine massive pockets will help you tons. Trust me, I don’t judge I’m the same way!
5. Izzo Ultra Lite Cart Bag
The Izzo Ultra Lite cart bag is incredibly lightweight at only 3.8 pounds thanks to its polyester material! This is closer to a traditional stand bag (or even a Sunday bag) instead of a bulky cart bag.
One of the biggest downsides to most cart bags is the weight and size of it. If you have a bad back or are a senior golfer, this is a huge downside as getting them in and out of the car isn’t easy. Luckily, Izzo heard the struggles and created a lightweight alternative to house your clubs.
- Matching rain hood included.
- Towel ring and glove velcro holder.
- Ball pocket can be customized with your name or nickname.
- Stylish and durable thanks it’s strength 4200 polyester fabric.
- 14-way top and full-length club dividers for easy organization.
- With its lightweight design, it’s great if you want to push/pull your bag as well.
- Four color selections; including an all black, gray/lime, all red, and all blue bag.
- Shoulder straps are sold separately and work with any IZZO golf bags.
- Only six total pockets. Three to five less than some golf cart bags on this list.
If you want the protection of a cart bag without the bulk, you will love this one from Izzo golf. For an incredibly low price, it’s one of the lightest and best bags available.
6. Founders Club Franklin Golf Cart Bag
While the premium golf bag from Founders Club is great, they have another top rated bag as well. The Founder Club Franklin series is a bit bulkier than the other one that made this list but extremely functional. It’s made not only for electric golf carts but push carts as well.
Although, it does appear to be a bit bigger than some and would suggest walking nine holes a few times before going all 18. Make sure it’s the right weight before wearing yourself down walking a full round.
Here are some benefits to this golf bag:
- Extremely affordable.
- Zip off ball pocket panel allows customization or logo without a ton of hassle.
- Nine zippered pockets including three on the front making it great for easy access.
- Extremely durable construction. With its “slotted base” it will attach securely to a push or electric cart.
- 15 full length dividers including a front access tube for your putter. This helps clubs from getting tangled up if you decide to walk instead of ride.
- Easy to carry and transport with two handles and a full shoulder carry strap.
- Very lightweight at only 5.5 pounds. With nine pockets, this bag is incredibly efficient!
- Only three color options; most of them are primarily gray.
- Looks wise, it might be a little bulky for some golfers with all the pockets.
- Traditional 14 way divider doesn’t have the molding of the other bag that made this list.
Storage wise, this is a great bag that will help you transport all your accessories and clubs easily. Plus, it has 15 full length dividers to ensure your clubs stay protected whether you are walking or riding during the round.
7. TaylorMade Select Cart Bag
While the TaylorMade Select bag isn’t new for 2021, it’s one of the highest rated selections when it comes to golf bags. This bag continues to stand the test of time for all golfers. It’s a very moderately priced bag with plenty of storage for the everyday player.
- Six color selections.
- Oversized putter well.
- Comes with matching rain hood.
- Velour lined pockets for valuables.
- 14 way dividers for maximum club protection.
- Seven total pockets including full length apparel pocket.
- Single shoulder strap.
- No towel loop or cell phone sleeve.
- No way to customize with your name or nickname on ball pocket.
This many reviews don’t lie and TaylorMade has a winner with this cart bag. While there isn’t an insulated cooler pocket like some large ones, it’s still great after all these years.
8. Prosimmon Tour 14 Way Cart Golf Bag
The first six bags are all great choices but if you’re looking for a budget bag, you will love the Prosimmon Tour. Despite it’s incredibly low price, it has everything you need and want in a normal cart bag.
The Prosimmon is a great bag for the money! Here’s why it made our list of top cart bags for 2021:
- Best budget golf bag.
- Matching rain hood included.
- Four two-tone color selections; black/blue, black/gray, black/green, and black/red.
- 14 way top with full length dividers (including a stand-alone putter tube on the side of the bag). This is great if you use a larger, mallet style putter instead of a smaller blade.
- Has all the accessories and features you want including a golf towel ring, umbrella holder, and velcro glove holder.
- Not as high quality construction compared to some bags on this list.
- Only comes with six pockets, but one is an insulated cooler. Also, reviews have said they are very deep and provide more storage than you think.
If saving money is your top priority on your next golf bag, this is likely the one for you. While it might not last you for years to come if you’re an avid player, it has everything you need in a standard cart bag. From a 14 way full length divider setup to a cooler pocket, you’re good to go!
Push Cart Bag Alternative: Sun Mountain 2021 Men’s Sync Golf Cart Bag
While the C-130 golf bag from Sun Mountain is a great all around bag, it’s a little big for some players. If you’re someone who loves Sun Mountain but wants a bag with a little more style and flash, this is a great choice.
The Sun Mountain Men’s Sync Golf Cart bag is more of a hybrid style bag although it doesn’t have an actual stand. In fact, it’s actually made for push carts but of course can work on a traditional electric cart as well.
If you prefer a minimal look with some bright colors, you will love this bag. Here is why this one made our list in 2021:
- Nine total pockets that are all forward facing to maximize storage. This makes it easier to access them when they’re strapped to an electric or push cart and get your stuff without any hassle.
- Easy access rangefinder pocket. It also lifts so the cart strap system can attach easier and keep your clubs safe and secure.
- Four color choices. Including neon green, black/white/camo/gold, blue/black, and red/black/white. All four look great and will make sure you make a statement on the golf course.
- Only has two molded handles instead of a shoulder strap which makes transport a little more challenging.
If you want to push (not carry) your bag from time to time, you’ll love this bag. Not only is it extremely durable, it’s also lightweight, functional, and great looking. If you prefer to have your bag make a statement on the course, go for the camo or bright neon color scheme to stand out from other golfers.
Best Golf Cart Bags for Women
Let’s not forget about lady golfers either. While the selection isn’t quite as big as cart bags for men, there are still some great choices for ladies as well. Here are our top women’s golf cart bags for 2021:
Sun Mountain 2021 Women’s Sierra Golf Cart Bag
As you can tell, Sun Mountain is a top name in the golf bag game and also makes a few great picks for women as well. The Sun Mountain 2021 Sierra bag is a very stylish bag and also extremely functional. Here is why it made our list:
- Good shoulder strap system.
- Separate rangefinder pocket on top of bag.
- Comes with three lift assist handles for easy transport.
- All seven pockets are easily accessible while the bag is strapped to your cart.
- Three color selections including a black/white/dot design. They also have a charcoal and fuchsia color option as well.
- No putter tube outside the bag.
You can’t go wrong with this cart bag for women. This bag looks great, is lightweight, has 14 full length divider system and plenty of pockets for storage.
Ram Golf Lightweight Ladies Cart Bag
If you’re looking for a golf cart bag for women on a budget, the Ram is a great option. The Ram Golf Ladies Cart Bag is very affordable and has everything you need.
- Padded shoulder strap.
- Total weight: 4.9 pounds.
- 14 Way full length dividers.
- Two full-length apparel pockets.
- Massive golf ball pocket and cooler pocket.
- External umbrella holder and dual glove towel clip.
- Three color options; blue/gray, pink/white, and red/black.
- No designated putter well.
This is one of the best golf bags for women who don’t want to deal with the hassle of stand bags. These bags have tons of storage space, full length dividers, and an insulated drinks pocket.
OGIO XIX Women’s Cart Bag
Finally, if you want a higher end bag that is sure to last for years to come, you’ll love this one from Ogio. The Ogio XIX Women’s cart bag is stylish, functional, and extremely durable. It also has a large ball pocket and velour lined valuables pocket too.
Here is why it rounded out our list of epic golf bags.
- Fits large putters.
- Matching rain hood.
- Water resistant valuables pocket.
- Extremely lightweight – around five pounds.
- Full-length club dividers that go from top to bottom of the golf bag.
- Uses “hergonomics” that is specifically designed for women to fit and support the best.
- Incredibly stylish. Of all the bags on this list (men and women), this one looks the least like a cart bag. The sleek nylon material looks great and comes in four different colors as well.
- Expensive. This stylish and functional cart bag comes at a cost but it’s worth it in our opinion.
If you’re shopping for a female golfer, you can’t go wrong with this bag. It’s lightweight, looks incredible, and is extremely functional.
How to Pick the Best Golf Cart Bag For You
Once you’ve committed to a cart bag, you need to know what features are offered with each to compare them. This list of features will make it easy to compare the ones mentioned above and find the best one for your game and budget.
Here are some of the things to consider when selecting your next cart bag.
If you plan on carrying your bag very much, the overall weight should be one of your biggest concerns. The last thing that you want to do is hurt your back before you even make it onto the 1st tee.
Even if you plan on solely using this bag for riding, you want to make sure it’s not too heavy to transport back and forth from your car. Plus, the bag guys at the golf course will appreciate it too.
In choosing the perfect cart bag, I recommend finding the top two or three choices and basing it on weight and price if you can’t seem to narrow it down from there. Plus, if it’s light enough, you can always add it to a push cart in the future as well.
As you can see from this list, cart bags can weigh under four pounds and more than 12 pounds. It just depends on the storage, material, number of pockets, cooler features, and other factors. Make sure to choose the right one for your golf tendencies.
Plenty of Storage Space and Pockets
One of the biggest perks of using cart bags is a large amount of storage compared to a normal stand bag. One reason is the sheer number of pockets in these bags vs. a normal stand bag. Particularly, side pockets as they are incredibly helpful in choosing the right bag.
It’s easy to forget how much gear golfers pack for an average round of golf. Balls, tees, extra clothes, snacks, golf gadgets and maybe a few can drinks can take up a ton of room and why you need storage space.
Some of the golf bags on this list have specific pockets for things like:
- Cell phone sleeve.
- Valuables pockets.
- Velour lined pockets.
- Large golf ball pockets.
- Insulated cooler pocket.
- Full-length apparel pockets
Also, most bags also come with an umbrella holder so you are prepared for playing golf in the rain. And a water bottle pocket as well (which normally stand bags have as well).
Full Length Dividers
One of the biggest differences from a stand bag vs. a cart bag is that cart bags have a unique divider system to ensure that clubs have their own space in the bag. While most stand bags have 3-5 compartments for all 14 clubs, cart bags have a space for each.
This is a huge perk over stand bags which don’t have them and get stuck at the bottom of the bag. The number of dividers varies from varies in each model but a lot of them have one for each club. Some also have a 14 way top but don’t have full length dividers.
With dividers, make sure to see if it’s top level or full-length bag divider as well. Full-length dividers ensure it goes through the whole bag and won’t ever get tangled in the bottom of the bag. Having a bag with 14 dividers makes it easy to grab the right club and quickly realize if you left one back a few holes ago.
Putter wells don’t exist on stand bags and are a feature of cart bags that make it easy to find and grab your putter. It’s usually housed in a separate area and ensures your putter is more protected than the rest of your clubs. This is a huge perk to cart bags, especially if you’re spending money on expensive clubs like a TaylorMade Spider or a Titleist Scotty Cameron putter.
Before writing this post, I just assumed that every golf bag came with a rain hood as every one I’d previously owned already came with a matching rain hood. But apparently, that’s not the case with all stand bags. If the one you like doesn’t come with a rain hood make sure you buy one separately.
Some bags also come with a travel hood as well or you can check out our best travel bags to make traveling with your sticks easy.
Towel Ring and Glove Holder
Most of the time, you’ll find a towel clip, loop or ring on the side of the golf bag. This makes it easy to keep a towel hand for wiping your clubs and gear down.
If you live somewhere that has a lot of winter golf, I recommend this feature to not lose your towel on a regular basis. There’s nothing worse than losing a towel mid-round and having to play in the conditions without one. It’s never a bad idea to pack an extra one either!
Handle and Padding
Finally, don’t forget about a carry handle and an extra padding on the bag. For the handle itself, make sure you pay attention to the material so it’s easy to carry.
Is it comfortable and do you think it’ll last years on the course? Some bags have one big strap (how old school PGA Tour caddies used to do it) while others have a small carrying handle. Some have a hip pad (usually the hybrid bags as you might carry them), while others don’t.
FAQs about Golf Cart Bags
If you have more questions about cart bags after reading this epic post, hopefully we’ll have the answers below.
Should I get a stand bag or cart bag?
This is a good question and comes down to a few deciding factors. First, let me ask, how often do you play golf?
If you’re someone that loves to tee it up and chase the little white ball frequently, you might opt for a stand bag since you’re out on the course more often. The more you’re out playing and practicing, the more a carry bag will benefit you.
It’s nice to have the option to walk and carry or push your bag easily. Plus, if your clubs are always in your trunk or back of your SUV, a carry bag takes up a lot less room than a larger, cart bag.
But if you’re more of a weekend warrior or only get a few times per year, a cart bag is a better choice. These bags have more space, protect your clubs with dividers but aren’t very portable.
The second thing to consider is if you even play golf courses that are walkable. If you only play very hilly golf courses, walking might not even be an option (or not a very fun one). If this is the case, stick with a cart bag instead of a stand bag.
Finally, you might have a personal preference of one style vs. another. For me, I’ve always had a stand bag for practice (even though I never walk) and couldn’t imagine using a cart bag.
If this sounds like you, a hybrid bag could work well too. Again, this is 100% personal preference but don’t forget to think about your trunk space, frequency of golf, and how much you practice.
What is the best golf cart bag to buy?
You can’t go wrong with any on this list, that’s why we created it! Seriously, we scoured the internet to find the best bags on the market to make choosing one for you easy.
When deciding which bag to purchase, make sure to use the handy checklist above so you can compare them all equally. Also, when ordering on Amazon don’t forget to check if the bag is in stock or not. Since the pandemic struck down last year, golf is on the rise and becoming more popular than ever.
While it’s great for the game, a lot of common items are taking longer to ship or totally out of stock. If you’re in a rush to get your new purchase, make sure you double-check the listing before hitting buy to ensure there are no delays.
Who makes the best quality golf bags?
Quality wise, I’d recommend Sun Mountain. While they are not the cheapest bags, they are a trusted brand and have specialized in golf bags for a while. During my research, I kept finding them as some of the best golf bags with outstanding reviews.
If you’re looking for a cart bag, stand bag, or a women’s bag, you can’t go wrong with Sun Mountain. The runner-up would probably be Founders which also has been around for 30 years and gets rave reviews from fellow golfers.
What golf bags do the pros use?
Golf bags actually use a different kind of bag – not a standard cart bag or stand bag. Instead, they use what is known as a Tour “staff” bag. These staff bags are pretty massive compared to most bags (even cart bags) and not the lightest ones either. Luckily, it’s not them carrying them.
Instead, these are usually large, have plenty of storage and most have two straps to make it easier on the caddy. These bags are enormous compared to most stand or cart bags so a two strap system is vital for the caddy.
Unlike cart bags, these don’t have dividers or a putter well and instead, have 3-5 dividers. They also aren’t idea for a push cart but do hold a lot of golf accessories.
Why are pro golfers bags so big?
Pro golfers bags are so big for a few reasons. First, most of them have one or several sponsors and they are prominently displayed on the bag. The smaller the bag, the less room to show off sponsors.
For example, Tiger Woods has often had Nike, Buick, Monster, and other sponsors across his bag. This is part of their endorsement deal and might even change bags for specific tournaments.
The other reason is that they have a lot of storage. Oftentimes golfers keep extra gadgets, gloves, balls, change of clothes, and food. Plus, the caddy might store stuff in there as well so a normal, smaller bag just won’t do the trick.
Are Izzo golf bags good?
Yes, Izzo bags are a good choice but not geared for traditional cart bag style. Izzo is more about creating lightweight carry bags to carry or use with a push cart.
While less weight is great, it means much less storage space too. Plus, they don’t have a cart strap like some on this list.
All in all, they’re also very affordable compared to most on this list. Paired with their light weight, they are some of the best golf bags for juniors.
Final Thoughts on Choosing Your Next Cart Bag
As you can tell, there are so many awesome cart bags for 2021 and beyond. But before buying, make sure you do your research. Ask questions like:
- Will I use this with a push cart?
- How much storage space do I need?
- Do I need full length dividers in my bag?
Whatever you need, double check to make sure your bag checks all the boxes. Since it’ll be with you at the golf course a lot, make sure that you love it! Also, it’s important to note that all of these bags come with at least 12-month warranties and should last you a lot of rounds of golf.
Hopefully, this guide will help you find the best golf cart bag for you and keep making 2021 the best golf year yet.
After you’ve found the right golf bag, head over to our review of the best golf bag organizers so you can store that bag in your garage instead of your trunk!